Monday, April 27, 2015

Pomegranate and Yogurt Dip: Anaar Ka Raita: Healthy Summer Recipe


Happy Monday everyone. Looks like I am hooked on pomegranate these days. I don’t why but I cant get over this beautiful fruit. Every time I see it, I get a lesson- create a life that is good on the inside, and not just the one that looks good on the outside. Outside it is rugged and tough, inside it is beautiful where every seed looks like pearl-fresh, sweet and alive.  Other then this important lesson, pomegranates are also high in nutrients that give you glowing skin and healthy digestion. I know peeling it can be difficult and time consuming but that should not stop you from buying pomegranates. Need some motivation and proof, then see this post  on what is the benefits of pomegranates and why should one eat it more?

I am still in the weekend mood so feeling a bit lazy to type more, so let me quickly get to the recipe- Pomegranate and Yogurt Dip. This is in one word the best summer dip ever-its quick, light on tummy and super healthy. This dip is like spring in the bowl-so bright and beautiful-sigh!.  Creamy thick yogurt is mixed with juicy fresh pomegranate, in it goes hint of mint and some tangy spice mix (chaat massala) and there you have one amazing, super easy dip ready.


In India this is simply called as Anaar Ka Raita, which is paired with rice dishes such as  methi mutter pulavbasic biryani, corn rice or mixed capsicum rice.. In my home, this is preferred more like an evening nibble snack served with biscuits, nachos, crackers or chips. Sometimes we just head to the nearest park with a good book, a bottle of wine, this dip and some biscuits. 


Ingredients:
1 cup yogurt/dahi
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds/anaar
1 teaspoon chaat massala (recipe here)
2 leaf of fresh mint/pudhina

Method:
Mix yogurt and chaat massala properly.
In it, add pomegranate seeds and mint leaves. Mix.
Serve in a bowl.


Notes:
I used low fat yogurt, but feel free to you use any.
Chaat massala is available in any Indian grocery store. Or you can buy MDH Chunky Chat Masala .
If you like spicy dips, feel free to add black pepper powder or chopped green chillies.

Serving suggestions:
This is a dip, so goes well with nachos, crackers, chips or biscuits.
I like to sometimes have it as a side with mixed vegetable paratha, bombay tava pulav or baked potato wedges.
To complete the meal you can use this with salad and vegetable kebabs in pita pockets.



18 comments:

  1. I like the lesson your learnt from pomegranate Shweta :) I love pomegranate too, just don't like peeling it..haha.. Love this raita ..looks so refreshing! nice clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE these gorgeous pomegranate jewels. Love everything with pomegranate arils, and this raita is absolutely delicious and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yummy! Shweta, this pomegranate dips look very delicious! and totally agree with you lesson learned :) I must say, all you pictures are mouthwatering good! I can taste-the-dip-with-cracker good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow..tempting and delicious pomegranate seeds,yummy !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love pomegranate raita at any time.... great one and beautiful clicks... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so so yummy looking!!! Shweta now I am craving this dip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the lesson that you learnt! So true... that fruit DOES tell us to focus on our inner more than the outer! Yummy dip... I love this with some onions and cucumbers as well... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pics.. lovely yogurt dip with pomegranate..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning pics dear....loved this dip..looks so colorful..will try this for sure..

    ReplyDelete

Do not be a silent reader, do leave your comments :)