Friday, April 12, 2013

Chocolate Cookies With Whittard Of Chelsea Caramel Hot Chocolate




The mood of a person depends on many factors, but my mood changes when weather changes. Oh yes!! it is again raining here in London. I know from past few weeks I am complaining about the weather but trust me it is really pathetic. When it rains the perfect way to freshen up is to have a cup of hot chocolate.

Last time I tried my hands on Whittard Of Chealsea's Chilli Hot Chocolate and I was so very pleased with the taste. By the way let me tell you, Whittard Of Chelasea has been around since 1886 and known for its teas, coffees and hot chocolate. They posses huge list of flavours and taste as per your requirements. And those of you who wants to possess the mind blowing china crockery then this is the place. Do visit their site- www.whittard.co.uk and www.whittard.com .


I tried Caramel Hot Chocolate this time; as soon as I opened the box there was beautiful aroma of caramel. I couldn't wait any longer and made for myself a warm cup from it. At the very first sip, it I felt it was the "dessert in the cup" Some one has rightly said- Flowers and champagne may set the stage, but it's chocolate that steals the show :-)  After the blissful cup of hot chocolate, I planned to make some chocolate caramel cookies with it and it was the cherry on the cake. See the recipe below.

Ingredients: (Makes 18-20)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour/maida
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp witthard of chelsea caramel hot chocolate
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil

1 large egg

1 teaspoon honey


Method:
Preheat oven to 350 F/180 C. 
Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder then set aside. 
In a separate bowl, mix sugar, oil, egg and honey. 
Add in flour mixture to oil mixture a little at a time until well incorporated.
Scoop dough and roll it into a ball between your hands. Place on cookie sheet and slightly flatten with your fingers. 
Bake on an greased baking sheet for 8-10 minutes or until done.

Notes:
Use cocoa powder instead of caramel hot chocolate powder.
Butter can also be added instead of oil.
Try folding in some nuts or chocolate chips for extra crunch.

Serving Ideas:
Serve with hot chocolate, milk or tea.

Taste:
Chocolatey and crunchy

Disclaimer: I was not paid or told to write positive review. The post is based on my experience and is unbiased.  With thanks to Whiitard Of Chelsea for the review samples. 

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely no words to describe how insanely delicious these cookies look! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly baked cookies Shweta... Loved the clicks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely delicious n flavorful cookies...looks superb! Lovely clicks too...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super tempting cookies n clisk r nice.
    maha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the cookies looks fab...
    It looks so perfect and crunchy
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh love how you have used them in cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can feel the taste of caramel :)

    ReplyDelete

Do not be a silent reader, do leave your comments :)