Thursday, April 18, 2013

Bell Pepper Noodles, With Desi Tadka



I simply love noodles. Oh ya! I can live on noodles. Any noodles thin, flat or round is completely okay with me. Well one can make it healthy too, simply adds lots and lots of vegetables and the wholesome meal is ready. 

I have cooked schezwan noodles and egg noodles before (I told you I love noodles :-))This time is added only green capsicum and I was happy with the taste. Capsicum provides that crunch and mild sweetness to spicy noodles. I also wanted to give some desi tadka, so I opted to make them in south Indian style with some curry leaves and urad daal. Yup I was right it did tasted yummy and my experiment was successful.

Ingredients:
3 cups thin noodles
6 cups water
2 green capsicums/bell peppers/shimla mirch sliced
1 medium sized onion sliced finely
2 green chillies chopped finely
1/2 tsp mustard seeds/rai/sarso
2 tbsp oil
Red chilli powder-1 tbsp
Tomato ketchup- 2 tbsp
Salt as required
Urad Daal-1 tsp
Curry Leaves 4-5(I skipped this)

Method:
I used thin noodles so I broke them in to small pieces, so that resembles like seviya.
Boil water with some salt and oil. When water comes to boil, add noodles and boil.
Heat oil in the pan, add mustard seeds, urad daal, curry leaves. After it splutters add onion, green chillies and suate well.
Now add the capsicum pieces and cook till capsicum is half done.
Then add noodles, salt, red chilli powder and tomato ketchup. Cook covered for 2 minutes.

Notes:
Any other vegetables like pea, sweet corn, carrots, and tomatoes can also be added.
Add peanuts and coconut for more authentic south Indian taste.

Taste:
Hot and spicy with hint of sweetness.


16 comments:

  1. looks yummy n tempting.. nice blog space to follow..Will be happy if you follow me back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, a perfect dish with wonderful combo of ingredients esp when I need to prepare a complete one meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Preeti. Please do follow me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Navee...Oh yes perfect one pot meal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey this looks perfect.
    Thanks for following me and am following you too :)

    -Raksha
    Raksha's Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yumm noodles!!

    You have a great space.. Happy to follow you :)

    Regards,
    Bindu
    http://indianrecipegalleri.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy n tempting noodles really.. nice 2 visit ur blog.thanx 4 dropping at my space.happy 2 follow u btw....
    MAHA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks absolutely delicious Shweta.. I loved these noodles and will surely try them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice clicks dear !

    http://www.followfoodiee.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice desi touch to a chinese noodles :) looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

Do not be a silent reader, do leave your comments :)