Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Corn Tomato Bharta




Baigan/ Bringal bharta is very common dish in India, but as always I wanted to make something new so I prepared corn bharta. Corn is easily available these days and in my freezer frozen corn is always present. I made corn bharta when I had some unexpected guests at home, I wanted to make something special and new, so it was then when I made Corn Bharta.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup boiled sweet corn
  • 2 sweet big tomatoes
  • 1 onion
  • ¼ tsp. cumin seeds
  • salt to taste
  • ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
  • ¼ tsp. red chilli powder (lal Mirch)
  • ¼ tsp. coriander powder (dhaniya)
  • ¼ tsp garlic ginger paste
  • pinch of sugar
  • 1 cup of coriander & mint leaves
  • 1 tsp. oil  

Method
  1. Boil the corn with little turmeric powder and salt.
  2. Heat 1 tsp. of oil and put in the cumin seeds
  3. When the cumin seeds start crackling, add ginger garlic paste then add onions. Fry till it turns golden.
  4. Add all the remaining masalas.
  5. Then add the chopped tomatoes mash it like bharta cover and let it cook.
  6. Then add the boiled corn. Garnish with coriander and mint leaves.

Enjoy with roti bread or rice.

4 comments:

  1. i always make chaat or salads with corn,never thought of bharta.great recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mannu- do try and let me know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks mouth watering.i have corn packet in my fridge so i will surely try it. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Do not be a silent reader, do leave your comments :)